Propagating my favorite ivies has allowed me to grow a lot more greenery from just a few plants! Gardening has been a huge hobby of mine, so while taking a break from making the apothecary skin balm and repair cream products you enjoy... I wanted to share some of my planting skills!
Propagating is a method of allowing cut parts of your favorite plants to lay down roots and create brand new plants. You can do this for anything from cacti and succulents, to leafy greens and scallions!
It's super easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a healthy, main stem. Cut it off close the the root or approximately ½ to one-inch below the third leaf from the top (if you don’t want to cut off the whole vine).
- Cut below each node (the part of a plant stem where the leaves grow from).
- Place cuttings in a few inches of room temperature water.
- Replace water every two days.
- Place cutting in jar near natural light but not where it will get hot or dry out.
After two to three weeks small roots should be forming. After six to eight weeks, roots should be an inch or longer and the cutting is ready to planted.
For more thorough directions, watch the video. ⤵️🌿
Switch to All Natural with Organic Eye Balm and Skin Balm
Have any questions about eye balm, skin balm, aluminum free deodorant, or any of our all natural 100% organic products? Check out our different product collections or for quick responses on any of your questions!
Visit us on Instagram for the behind the scenes of our organic apothecary as we invent new all natural products to brighten your day and soothe your skin.