Hey, again! So glad you're here. We're bringing back one of our most popular social media DIYs because it deserves a permanent spot on the blog! Not to mention, it's probably the easiest DIY you may ever do.
1. Let the banana peels sit in a jar of water for 2-3 days and then use the water as a plant fertilizer.
2. Make sure the water level is just above the banana skin line. If it's not the banana skin will start to turn moldy and may ruin the fertilizer.
3. PRO TIP: Use organic banana peels for this DIY so that your plants and soil won't be affected by non-organic chemicals from non-organic bananas.
That's it! Super simple, right?
Questions and Answers:
Here are some commonly asked questions about this fertilizer. Our main gal and SBA's herbalist, Chelsea (CEO/COO), answers below:
1. Can I use this on my outdoor plants?
Yes, you sure can!
2. Can I reuse the banana peels more than once?
Yes, you can! I will use them up to two times. Keep in mind the second brew won’t be as strong.
3. Does it smell?
Yes, it can it you let it sit for a full 3 day, but it smells better than cow manure and other types you typically buy.
4. Does it attract gnats in the house?
No, we haven’t noticed any.
5. How often should I use this on my plants?
I use it about once a week.
Have any other questions? Let us know!
Here to help,
Brier C. & Chelsea H. (Founder & CEO)