Pregnant or not, you can enjoy this tea! It is a rich source of vitamins A, B, C, and E, and minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, selenium, and manganese.
Pregnancy tea recipes typically rely on two main herbs: Stinging Nettle Leaf and Red Raspberry Leaf which has been used in herbal medicine for pregnancy and birth for many generations. Both of these ingredients are ones that you will find most commonly recommended by midwives.
It is thought by many that Red Raspberry Leaf Tea acts as a uterine tonic to tone the uterus so that, during labor, contractions work more effectively, making birth easier.
Among the midwives who recommend pregnancy teas, most recommend about 2-3 cups a day during the second trimester and up to a quart a day in the third trimester.
You can click HERE to watch a short video where I walk you through the steps. The directions and ingredients are all listed below too.*
- 2 cups nettle leaf
- 2 cups raspberry leaf
- 1 cup oatstraw
- 1/4 cup alfalfa leaf
- 1/2 cup spearmint
- 1/4 ounce dried lemon balm
Add some whole rose buds each time you make a batch (5-6)
1/8 cup rosehips
- Mix all the herbs together and store in an airtight container in a cold and dark place.
- To prepare your pregnancy tea, simply use about 1/2 cup of the mixture to 32 ounces of water. If you like your tea strong, you may want to add more.
- Boil water. Once water is boiling, turn stove off and add your muslin bag full of your herb blend to water.
- Let it steep with lid on for at least 30 minutes, pressing bag of herbs in water every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove lid once steam stops and let it cool down.
- Strain out muslin bag and pour contents into pitcher to store in fridge.
Skin Balm Founder, CEO, and Soon-to-Be Mama
*Reach out to your care provider to determine what is the right amount for you. For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The user of this product is solely responsible for studying out ingredients to ensure they do not have any allergies to the ingredients present.