Hey there, SBA fam and plant enthusiasts! As we look forward to the cozy fall and winter months, we wanted to give you some helpful indoor plant tips to help your plants stay healthy throughout the colder months. It's time to show some extra love to our indoor plants this fall and winter! It's not complicated and we've detailed some helpful steps for you.
Let's get right into it!
- Watering: So, our plant pals need a little less hydration during these cooler months. Before reaching for that watering can, feel the soil—let it dry out a bit before watering again. We want to avoid soggy roots!
- Humidity: Central heating can be nice for us, but not always for our plants. To keep them happy, create a cozy atmosphere by grouping plants together, placing a tray of water nearby, or giving them a little mist now and then!
- Sun: Find the best sunny spots for your plants who need the sun, and for those who prefer shade, a cozy corner near a window works just fine. Plus, don't forget to give your plants a little spin to make sure they get equal time in the spotlight!
- Fertilizer: Slow down when using fertilizer. Our indoor plants are slowing down for winter, so they don't typically need as much fertilizer during the winter season.
- Propagating and Replanting: Wait to propagate and replant during the colder and lower light fall and winter months. Your plants need a little more TLC during the cold months! Cutting, propagating, and repotting can be too much for them!
- Drafts: Nobody likes a chilly draft, including our plants! Keep an eye on their location. Try and avoid any cold drafts near your plants. Find them a cozy spot away from drafts.
- Dust Your Leaves: Dust off those leaves with a gentle wipe using a damp cloth or spray as shown in video.
Here's a video with our very own Chelsea's favorite cold weather indoor plant hacks!
Here to help,
Brier C. & Chelsea H. (Founder & CEO)