The fall season is soon approaching which means... IT'S POMEGRANATE SEASON! Just one more reason we LOVE the autumn season around here! Oh, the beautiful Pomegranate. Bursting with flavor and health benefits, and that unmistakeable flavor we all love! You wouldn't believe how versatile and multipurpose they are too - click here to read our blog post about making homemade pomegranate powder!
Today, we're focusing on pomegranate juice and transforming it into a special guilt free, refined sugar-free holiday punch that your friends and family will love. But first, let's discover more about why this fruit is so very good for us and is a wonderful alternative to refined sugar/processed punches!
Rich in Antioxidants: Pomegranate juice is a powerful source of antioxidants, such as polyphenols and anthocyanins, which help fight oxidative stress and protect your cells from damage. You may also recognize these antioxidant names because we use pomegranate seed oil in some of our amazing organic skin care serums and balms. Pssst, we're looking at you, Sweet Dreams Glow Balm!
Heart Health: Regular consumption of pomegranate juice has even been linked to improved cardiovascular health! How? Well, it promotes healthy blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, and enhancing blood vessel function! How cool is that?
Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Pomegranates contain anti-inflammatory compounds that may help alleviate symptoms of inflammation, which many people struggle with.
Digestive Aid: The high fiber content in those beautiful pomegranate kernels (and rind... don't forget this nutrient packed part of the fruit!) supports digestive health by promoting regular bowel movements and maintaining a healthy gut microbiome. We all know how important this is around here, right?
Immune Boost: The high vitamin C content in pomegranates can contribute to a stronger immune system, helping your body ward off illnesses! This is a must during the cold winter months when colds and flus seem to be at an all time high.
- Bonus! You can also use Pomegranate as a potent antioxidant rich face mask... I know! So cool! Read more here.
Alright, let's get to the good stuff!
1. Filtered water
2. 2 Pomegranates
3. Sweetener of choice (Stevia is used in this recipe)
1. Peel 2 pomegranates and remove kernels
2. Place kernels in blender and fill to the top with water
3. Once the water is to the top, give your kernels a stir. You will notice pomegranate pulp will begin to rise to the top. Remove this. Stir a few more times until most of the large chunks of pulp are removed
4. Blend at high speed until you cannot hear the seeds being crushed anymore
5. Put through a fine mesh strainer and add to container of choice
6. Add your sweetener of choice. ***Not shown in the video below is Chelsea adding a few drops of liquid Stevia. She likes it to be a little bit more on the sweeter side, so after she goes through the process of straining it, she adds a few drops until it is sweet to her liking. Her favorite Stevia is from Trader Joe's. It is the liquid kind and has no additives. If you don't live near Trader Joe's, you might be able to find it on Amazon.
7. BONUS! Add festive herbs like peppermint, rosemary, thyme, or any other herbs to your liking. You can blend them into this during the blending phase of the recipe, or place into your serving vessel to let them steep in your punch! It looks so pretty garnished with fresh herbs!
Follow this SUPER easy instructional video for the recipe!
Happy soon to be holidays! We're so excited :)
Here to help,
Brier C. & Chelsea H. (Founder & CEO)