Hello, all my SBA'ers =)
This blog won't be too long today. I just wanted to show you how to make this popular household cleaning product at home!
Washing soda, also known as sodium carbonate, is a main ingredient in quite a few homemade cleaning DIY's that I share across our social media pages.
Ever since I posted my homemade laundry detergent, one of the most commonly asked questions was, "How do I make washing soda?"
I figured it needed a DIY video and blog post to show you how it's done!
Ingredients and Supplies:
1. 3 cups of aluminum-free baking soda (or regular, your preference)
2. Baking sheet
1. Cover a baking sheet with baking soda. I used 3 cups for this batch but have done up to six cups before.
2. You don't want more than 1/2 an inch or so of baking soda covering the pan.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 2-4 hours.
4. Mix it every hour or so and you will be able to tell the texture of the baking soda changes.
5. It's hard to overcook, so if you're worried you won't be able to tell when the chemical reaction takes place, just bake for 4 hours and you'll be good to go!
Yup, it's that simple!
You can also just buy washing soda. Most stores have it nowadays. However, it can be more affordable to just purchase baking soda and make washing soda yourself.
Check out our homemade laundry detergent that contains this washing soda DIY in them! Also, I'll be adding a dishwashing powder with washing soda in it too! Keep an eye out for that.
As always, please reach out with any questions or comments. I love hearing your feedback and voice!
Chelsea Henderson (Founder & Herbalist)