Hey, my friends!
As the cooler months arrive, some of us can develop some uncomfortable skin issues! That's why I love herbal bath soaks that help to naturally soothe skin irritations and provide relief.
When anyone in our home has a rash or irritant of any kind, or I want to treat my baby, Selah's, skin to some herbal goodness, this recipe is my go-to! Plus, it smells and feels amazing in a warm, cozy bath.
I like the ingredients in this bath soak because they're known for their soothing properties and are usually very hypoallergenic, so they work just fine for most people's skin. Also, this soak is so soothing during pregnancy or postpartum!
Below is a video of me demonstrating how to make this recipe + the full recipe and instructions.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tbsp. dried calendula
- 2 tbsp. dried chamomile
- 2 tbsp. dried lavender
- Add all herbs to large unbleached tea bag (can be found on Amazon)
- Pour hot water over it in large bowl. Seep for twenty minutes. Press herbs down gently every few mins. Add "tea"/soaked liquids to bath.
- If you cannot get a large teabag, you can put all the herbs in a bowl and let them steep them in the hot water. Then just strain the herbs out and pour the tea directly into the bath.
- Try and use organic ingredients if possible :) You don't want to be soaking in nasty chemicals and pesticides!
- Make sachets of these as a homemade holiday gift for friends and family - it's a thoughtful gift they will actually use!
I love the simplicity of this all natural DIY <3 Many times, aiding skin issues naturally is more simple than we think!
Here for you,
Chelsea Henderson (Founder & Herbalist)